As an International School, at DIA, based on the Educational Philosophy of Doshisha (Christianity, Liberalism and Internationalism), we strive to nurture people who are dedicated to bettering their lives through lifelong learning, committed to bettering the world through global cooperation, and devoted to promoting love as the principle helping us choose the right path and cherish God's gift of life.
DISK strives to be a community of high-achieving, internationally minded learners led by a team of dedicated professionals.
We believe that students' graduating from DISK must:
- Have knowledge of and curiosity about the world’s history, geography, cultures, environmental and economic systems, and global issues.
- Understand multiple perspectives.
- Value diversity.
- Communicate with multilingual skills, through fluency in reading, writing, speaking, and listening, and through the use of technologies.
- Engage responsibly in action and service to improve conditions both locally and globally.
- Function effectively in an interdependent world.
Schoolwide Learner Outcomes
DISK students' are learning for life, learning for the world, learning for love.
- Achieve academically.
- Communicate effectively.
- Collaborate effectively.
- Become socially conscious and caring individuals.